Need info on LOGIN / PLAIN SMTP authentication mechanisams.

2001-07-14 00:23:10

Hi,

Ref: http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/mel/SASL_ClientRef.html
In SMTP_ClientRef HTML mentioned SMTP authentication mechanisams supported
by
few email clients. I found RFCs on CRAM-MD5, Kerberos_v4 mechanisams.
I was unable to find RFC on PLAIN , LOGIN.

1. Is there any specific draft on LOGIN, PLAIN mechanisams?
2. Please send me links where can i get more info on these LOGIN, PLAIN
mechanisams.

One more doubt: Out look express is supporting NTLM, DPA SMTP authentication
mechanisms.
Is these are standered mechanisams? Is available any drafts on this?

Thanks,
- Koteswara Rao
Ph: 040 6513274 Extn: 8842
JUNO online services Dev Pvt Ltd.