Comments requested on draft-malamud-no-soliciting-04.txt

2004-01-24 16:24:53

Folks,

A couple of weeks ago I received a request from the author to progress
draft-malamud-no-soliciting-04.txt to proposed standard. I reviewed the
document and sent a rather long list of corrections and suggestions to the
author, most of which have been incorporated into the -04 version.

Here's the document abstract:

   This Internet-Draft proposes an extension to SMTP for an electronic
   mail equivalent to the real-world "No Soliciting" sign. In addition
   to the service extension, a new message header and extensions to the
   existing "received" message header are described.

Under differerent circumstances I probably would have just brought this
document up for discussion on this list. However, timing constraints are such
that Ted Hardie, my co-AD, suggested, and I agreed, that moving forward with a
last call at this time is the right thing to do. As such, I have requested the
IETF Secretariat to last call the document. (The last call announcent
hasn't been sent yet but presumably will be sent soon.)

Let the discussion begin...

                                Ned