Re: I-D ACTION:draft-arun-ncc-smtp-01.txt

2004-04-12 17:24:34
On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:31:10 EDT, Keith Moore said:
If we're trying to provide advisory eliminate-dups, then a better thing to
do
might be to dust off Bernstein's Mail-Followup-To: proposal from http://
cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html - that's already got *some* MUA traction
deployed,
and I know of several other MUAs that don't support it mostly because it was
never progressed down the RFC path.

that doesn't solve the problem - it just makes things more complex.

I don't think Dan was trying to solve the whole problem either, but merely
address one somewhat semi-solvable subset...

I suspect that without knowing if the current draft is trying to address the
problem of "keep one person in the dark", or "suppress duplicates", or some
other problem, we can't really comment more fully on the draft....