Re: request discussion of two documents on SMTP relaying

2005-06-16 13:49:21

   Nonetheless, I have recently noticed that RFC2476 (Message Submission)
is being updated. Specifically, an I-D has been approved by the IESG and
forwarded to the rfc-editor:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gellens-submit-bis-02.txt

   I strongly recommend that folks read this carefully.

   Hopefully, nothing we might agree on will conflict with this RFC-to-be.
Alas, some folks have been posting things which strike me as not fully
consistent with the terminology of RFC 2476bis...

I do intend to try to reconcile my document with 2476bis, at least to
some degree.

From a quick reading of 2476bis I have some issues with it (and I am
sorry I missed the Last Call), but I want to reread it to see if I like
the wording better on the second pass, and before proposing any
clarifications or fixes.

Keith