Re: LISTSERV (or equivalent) source code and documentation, pre-1991

2006-03-12 14:19:55

John,

  The
second was Eric Thomas's "Revised LISTSERV" -- a complete
rewrite, preserving only some concepts and syntax.  That is
probably the one you are thinking of.  Eric is, as far as I
know, still around and selling a descendant of that code as a
commercial product and service.  My memory is fading, but I
don't believe Eric's code has ever been public.

Sorry for being unclear. Yes, I mean Eric's version. (Or any equivalent functionality.)

I had already checked with him. Even HE does not know where any early versions are, but he believes that the source code was widely distributed.

Certainly the documentation was.

d/

--

Dave Crocker