smtp trace id extension

2006-05-09 11:48:29

Hi,

I have a vague recollection that there once was an SMTP extension to trace the path a message took after the fact. I cannot find it. Is my memory playing tricks with me, or was there really such an extension?

(It doesn't matter whether the extension is odd, obscure and unimplemented. I just need a fairly small part of it anyway. I want to pass the ID assigned to the message by the sender-SMTP's to the receiver-SMTP and log it there, and both sender and receiver are under my control.)

Arnt