Re: smtp trace id extension

2006-05-09 12:02:11

Look up message tracking, RFCs 3885-3888.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com

Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

Hi,

I have a vague recollection that there once was an SMTP extension to
trace the path a message took after the fact. I cannot find it. Is my
memory playing tricks with me, or was there really such an extension?

(It doesn't matter whether the extension is odd, obscure and
unimplemented. I just need a fairly small part of it anyway. I want to
pass the ID assigned to the message by the sender-SMTP's to the
receiver-SMTP and log it there, and both sender and receiver are under
my control.)

Arnt