Re: RFC 2033 data responses for ESMTP (was: draft-hall-deferrals-00.txt)

2007-02-01 18:01:44

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007, Tony Finch wrote:

My main question about this draft is whether the extra complexity compared
to LMTP is really useful. What is your rationale for it? I have considered
writing a draft that simply defines how to turn on RFC 2033 data responses
in SMTP, without specifying any significant new protocol features.

Can you write that draft? It seems there is sufficient interest to
do this.