Re: Conflicting Enhanced Status Codes between RFC 4468 and draft-siemborski-rfc2554bis

2007-04-11 12:29:29

Tony Hansen wrote on 4/10/07 1:52 -0400:
I also introduced X.7.14 and X.7.15 to replace the competing uses of
X.7.8. Is this the best way to handle this conflict?

I recommend keeping x.7.8 for SMTP AUTH, and only changing the code for BURL.

There's actually no interop problem with the conflicting use as they apply to different SMTP commands. So that means it's only necessary to change one of the codes as a matter of cleanliness. Changing the BURL code will have the least impact to deployed software, IMHO.

               - Chris