Re: Auto-Submitted and Autosubmitted

2008-07-09 17:39:07

On 7/9/08 at 3:35 PM -0700, ned+ietf-smtp(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:

RFC 3834 defines Auto-submitted:, including providing ABNF. There is no
previous definition and no need for one.

At http://www.iana.org/assignments/message-headers/perm-headers.html
only Autosubmitted is listed.

Which is apropos of almost nothing, more's the pity. Although things have
improved in recent times, omissions in IANA registries are legion. Spurious
entries aren't exactly unknown either. IANA is always working to try and get
things up to date, but the problem is that too many things managed to slip
through the cracks for too long, making this a herculian task.

For which the right answer is: Somebody submit the registration to IANA since there is already a standards track document with the definition.

Being silly enough to respond to this message, I will take it upon myself to be that "somebody". I'll submit the registration this evening.

pr
--
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102