Re: rfc2821bis-11 posted -- contents and status report

2008-07-11 09:03:35

At 01:29 11-07-2008, John C Klensin wrote:
I have just queued draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-11 for posting.

I read that draft.  The following comment is not an issue.  In Section 2.2.1:

  "However, the Internet community now considers some services to be important
   that were not anticipated when the protocol was first designed."

Shouldn't that be split into two sentences?

  However, the Internet community now considers some services to be important.
  That were not anticipated when the protocol was first designed.

* Three changes have been made (again, relative to -10) in
addition to the ones in the list in Tony's note of a few days
ago.  I have added an explicit note asking the RFC Editor to
remove the Change Log (Appendix G) before publication.  That was
always the intent but the note wasn't inserted due to a
technical glitch.   I have also added an informative reference
to RFC 5248 (BCP 138) (the Enhanced Mail System Status Code
registry spec).  Again, that was always the intention since this
work motivated that specification.

That's fine with me.

Regards,
-sm