Re: rfc2821bis-11 posted -- contents and status report

2008-07-11 09:14:16

--On Friday, 11 July, 2008 08:43 -0700 SM <sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net>
wrote:

At 01:29 11-07-2008, John C Klensin wrote:
I have just queued draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-11 for posting.

I read that draft.  The following comment is not an issue.  In
Section 2.2.1:

   "However, the Internet community now considers some
services to be important
    that were not anticipated when the protocol was first
designed."

Shouldn't that be split into two sentences?

   However, the Internet community now considers some services
to be important.
   That were not anticipated when the protocol was first
designed.

Your proposed second sentence is not a sentence (although it
could be fixed without too much trouble).   The original one is
correct.

However, there is hope for your suggestion of breaking that
sentence up.  The RFC Editor has a long and successful history
of editing my long, complex-structure, sentences into multiple
shorter ones.  Usually I don't fight them on it :-)

regards,