FWD: ID Tracker State Update Notice: draft-klensin-rfc2821bis

2008-07-22 15:07:05

Hi.

To give others a chance to celebrate even before getting to
Dublin, the message below just popped into my mailbox.

My understanding is that this approval is with the changes
proposed  in the note I circulated to this list last Thursday
and without any additional IESG notes.

I will consult with the RFC Editor and Lisa next week as to
whether it is worth posting -12 with those changes included or
whether the next document you see will be the published RFC
form.     If anyone has any strong opinions on that subject,
please let me know (probably offlist).

Thanks to everyone, especially Tony and Lisa, for moving this
through the long ordeal and to the IESG for getting the document
unstuck and accepting what I believe is a completely reasonable
solution to the perceived textual problems.

    john