Re: Concluding the SPF and Sender ID experiments

2009-02-26 08:47:46

Hector Santos wrote:

The real world is not going to stop using SPF1 because of the silly IETF procedures, thats for sure, Millions of domains are using it for SMTP level.

The top level problem with SenderID has always been that it requires the payload (2822) headers. SPF does not require the payload to be accepted. The proposed solution to this transaction (optimization) issue is the SUBMITTAL SMTP MAIL FROM extension, which we support.

SUBMITTER (RFC 4405) to be exact.

BTW, on a side note, since you in DKIM discussions as well, I had proposed that 4405 could be used for POLICY "identity" lookup at SMTP.

http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2008q1/009137.html

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos