RE: Abort data transfer?

2009-11-17 13:03:09

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009, Ned Freed wrote:

The sendmail way has the advantage of being more efficient if you have
slow clients and/or heavy milter processes.

How does that follow? The only difference is that in one case you're feeding
it
the data as it comes in while in the other you're buffering up the data and
sending it as soon as the end of the message is received. Either way the
milter
is running throughout the message transfer, unless you're willing to hold off
on even starting the milter until after the message transfer, in which
case it can't do things like refuse specific recipients.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought sendmail starts milters at session startup.

Er, sorry, I was thinking about data-only filters rather than the
rest of the milter functionality.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
GERMAN BIGHT HUMBER: SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7. MODERATE OR ROUGH. SQUALLY SHOWERS.