Re: Abort data transfer?

2009-11-15 15:01:17

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, John C Klensin wrote:

And that analysis is almost certainly one of the reasons why the
multipart/partial idea in MIME has never gone much of anywhere
as a useful tool.

It was implemented by OUtlook Express and was certainly used in practice
by many people - I think it might have been turned on by default in some
situations. We started blocking messages containing partial mime parts in
2003 to prevent it from being used to bypass our email AV scanners, and a
number of our users needed help to turn of the feature.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
GERMAN BIGHT HUMBER: SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7. MODERATE OR ROUGH. SQUALLY SHOWERS.