Re: Fwd: [ietf-dkim] ADSP discardable & discussion lists (was Re: Wrong Discussion - was Why mailing lists should strip DKIM signatures)

2010-05-05 05:25:34

On 5/4/10 12:21 AM, Dave CROCKER wrote:
 On Apr 30, 2010, at 3:10 PM, Steve Atkins wrote:

> If a mailing list were to simply reject all submissions from
> senders who are publishing ADSP discardable that would ensure that
> their wishes were not violated. And it seems to comply with the
> spirit of ADSP discardable more than the riskier suggestions.

 I believe that is the exact consensus conclusion we came to when
 discussing ADSP discardable the first time.

How should ADSP "all" be handled, and how does "all" differ from that of "discardable"? IMHO, the difference relates to whether a DSN might be generated, and should not otherwise cause differences in handling.

For DKIM to offer better protection, having a means to authorize third-party services when they might damage a signature could overcome the down side of offering a policy that might cause messages to be otherwise lost.

-Doug