Resent Headers and Online Mail Forums

2010-05-14 16:35:15

Are resent headers useful for situations where original postings of mail are edited by the original poster and the "edited" mail is resent? In particular is how it relates to either a original and new Message-ID?

This was an old question for me that I put aside for backend mail forum system that has a NNTP portal or Mailing List gateway.

Now that Microsoft is abandoning their Microsoft.* newsgroups and shifting users toward their online forum system where "editing" of mail is allowed, the old question of whether it constitutes a new message thus a new reintroduction into a NNTP gateway made available for the online forums is the proper way to handle this.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos
http://www.santronics.com