RE: A few ipv6 questions

2010-12-17 17:55:12

For simplicity one might try them in the order returned by the resolver, for
example: Walk through the answer section and, if A, use AF_INET; if AAAA, use
AF_INET6.

An MX lookup just returns the name of the MX. There might be A and AAAA records in the additional section, but there also might not, and as I understand it, the order of records in a section of a DNS response has always been considered to be arbitrary. So I agree, these tea leaves aren't worth reading.

R's,
John