RE: slight update to draft-macdonald-antispam-registry

2011-05-11 14:13:00

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-smtp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-smtp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Hector
Santos
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:10 AM
To: ietf-smtp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: slight update to draft-macdonald-antispam-registry

If was to become a standard, it would be a standard set of
recommendations, not a standard for enforcement and for product
oriented implementations who are in the business of providing options
and features, not subjective locked out conclusions, it helps to have
something some have a need for it.

I don't know what "standard set of recommendations" means in this context.
We're talking about providing a protocol, and including in an IANA registry
(which is the direction this appeared to be going) some prescribed operator
action seems inappropriate to me.  Define what the new code means, and leave it
there.