Re: slight update to draft-macdonald-antispam-registry

2011-05-11 17:44:35

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

This all talks about software design and operation. The proposal to which I'm responding said "notify an operator". There's a gigantic difference between the two in terms of what's appropriate for a standards track RFC and what is not.

Disagree.

First, there was no formal proposal here. It was a starter suggestion for an Alert Status idea, i.e. LOW, MED, HIGH, etc and I provided an example using one code with a HIGH alert and what that could mean based on severity level, i.e. Notify Local Operator.

You seem to reject the whole idea which is funny since this tangent thread started as a Moore response to the basic idea of the status code parts to direct actionable "blame" (client vs receiver) and you agreed and followed up:

   "Perhaps the proposal would benefit from making
    such distinctions in the new codes it's registering."

It all sound pretty similar too me - the end result is the same.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos
http://www.santronics.com