Re: Any interest in rigorous definition for SSL certificate verification in SMTP?

2011-11-15 05:02:16

Carl S. Gutekunst <csg(_at_)alameth(_dot_)org> wrote:

However, one of the references for DANE -- RFC 6125 -- seems to be exactly
what I was looking for. Unfortunately, it very deliberately codifies the
language from RFC 2818 for wildcards, with the established practice for SMTP
being a SHOULD NOT. I'll have to figure out what to do about that.

That is bizarrely incompatible with DNS wildcard semantics.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
Plymouth: Easterly 5 or 6, occasionally 7 in north, veering southeasterly 4 or