RE: Mail, not to be confused with spam...

2011-11-30 12:05:17

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-smtp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-smtp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Alessandro Vesely
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:30 AM
To: SMTP Discussion
Subject: Mail, not to be confused with spam...

Is it because of spam that people stops using email?

I think if that were the case, email would've been abandoned long ago.  This is
just reactionary and sensationalist, just like the articles it cites about
email being dead.

Someone noted that "the IESG has trouble dealing with anything related
to spam" [2].  Is the IESG part of the problem?

I think you're taking that remark (which I believe was also reactionary, IMO)
somewhat out of context here...