draft-fanf-dane-smtp

2012-05-25 12:30:52

I have just submitted an I-D describing how to use DANE with SMTP. All
comments welcome.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
Hebrides, Bailey: Northeasterly in Hebrides at first, otherwise southeasterly
4 or 5. Slight or moderate. Fog patches. Moderate, occasionally very poor.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 10:10:23 -0700
From: internet-drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
To: dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-fanf-dane-smtp-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-fanf-dane-smtp-00.txt has been successfully
submitted by Tony Finch and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-fanf-dane-smtp
Revision:        00
Title:           Secure inter-domain SMTP with TLS, DNSSEC and TLSA records.
Creation date:   2012-05-25
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 8

Abstract:
   SMTP supports STARTTLS for inter-domain mail transfer, but it only
   provides very limited security because the server&#39;s certificate
   cannot be authenticated.  This memo specifies how TLSA records in the
   DNS can be used for proper MX target server authentication.

The IETF Secretariat