draft-fanf-dane-smtp-02

2012-05-31 13:01:06

Another version, with less added text this time - I've included a copy of
the change log below. Many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to
read the draft and comment.

     Clarify the wording that describes how a client determines that
     this protocol is in effect.

     Divide the security considerations into sub-sections, and add a
     subsection on denial of service.

     Clarify intro, mentioning TLSA owner name format.

     Extend the scope to cover MTA-to-MTA mail within an ADMD as
     well as between ADMDs.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
Viking: North 4 or 5, backing northwest 5 or 6. Moderate, occasionally rough
later. Showers. Good.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 10:33:51 -0700
From: internet-drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
To: dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-fanf-dane-smtp-02.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-fanf-dane-smtp-02.txt has been successfully
submitted by Tony Finch and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-fanf-dane-smtp
Revision:        02
Title:           Secure SMTP with TLS, DNSSEC and TLSA records.
Creation date:   2012-05-31
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 13

Abstract:
   SMTP has a STARTTLS extension, but (especially in the case of inter-
   domain mail transfer) it only provides very limited security because
   it does not specify how to authenticate the server&#39;s certificate.
   This memo specifies how TLSA records in the DNS can be used for proper
   SMTP server authentication.

The IETF Secretariat