Re: [ietf-smtp] BCP or similar on list validation by partial SMTP session

2013-10-04 07:32:34

I'll take a crack at it.  Bruce Gingery and I (and others) went into this
in some detail back when Verizon was doing callouts/callbacks, and I'm
pretty sure that I have still have that discussion archived.  It shouldn't
take too long to find those, re-read them, and distill them into something
applicable.  Since I'm working on a "worst practices" document anyway,
this would certainly fit.

As a side note, I don't buy into *any* method of "list validation": either
it was built properly or it wasn't.  If the former, then nothing needs to
be done; if the latter, then nothing will help: start over.

---rsk