Re: [ietf-smtp] [Shutup] Proposed Charter for something

2015-12-06 22:34:56
On 12/6/2015 7:44 PM, Ted Lemon wrote:
Agreed, but I don't see why you think this is an RG and not a WG.

Please re-read his note and one or another of my earlier notes.  They
explain why.

At the moment, proposals for taking specific actions represent a random
walk down a large and complex set of possibilities, with no serious
analysis of benefits, risks, likelihoods or anything other than intuition.

Before modifying infrastructure operations of a critical Internet
resource, perhaps we should develop some credible basis for taking any
specific action?

Individuals are free to take whatever random path strikes their whimsy.
 Standards groups should have rather more basis for moving the whole
ship in a particular direction.

d/
--
Dave Crocker