Re: [ietf-smtp] Mail Transfer Protocol over ACP 142

2017-08-13 08:02:31
Hi Dave,

On 11/08/2017 18:08, Dave Crocker wrote:
On 8/11/2017 9:30 AM, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
Hi,

Based on some work that Isode is doing with gatewaying Internet email to ACP 142 (*) environments, I wrote a draft <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-melnikov-email-over-pmul/?include_text=1>. If people can review and provide feedback, that would be much appreciated.
(*) - ACP 142 defines a transport protocol for reliable multicast in bandwidth constrained and delayed acknowledgement environments

The draft does not provide a usable citation to 142. Online search doesn't either. The best I can find is:

   jcs.dtic.mil/j6/cceb/acps/acp123/ACP123B2014.pdf
One can access ACPs here <https://wss.apan.org/s/CCEB/public/Forms/acps.aspx>. One would have to create an account, but access is otherwise free. I don't think I can post ACP 142 here.

but it produces a failure sequence that displays a yahoo search page.

Although the document asserts delays in responses, it doesn't seem to have any discussion about how that affects overall message transfer interactions between client MTAs and server MTAs. So the document provide necessary 'syntax' for the configuration but seems not to provide a complete 'system' specification that adequately explains overall transaction flow.

d/