Re: [ietf-smtp] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5321 (5414)

2018-07-05 10:24:33

--On Thursday, July 5, 2018 07:57 -0700 Dave Crocker
<dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:

On 7/5/2018 7:34 AM, Randall Gellens wrote:
On 30 Jun 2018, at 19:04, Randall Gellens wrote:

I might have DRUMS archived but would have to verify that I
do and  that it's readable by a client currently runnable.

I have from March 5, 1996 through Jan 7, 1999 in a Eudora
mailbox, which  is pretty much a "standard" Unix mbox.  I
might have older or newer  stuff in other mailboxes, I can
take a look.

Hmmm.

Perhaps we should try to aggregate as many email-related
archives as we can still find, and make them available at a
single location?  Not sure where to stash them for public
access.

(I'm tempted to offer emailhistory.org, but would be delighted
for a better venue.)

I'd be tempted to suggest the IETF "non-WG mailing list"
collection -- because those archives are about as "non-WG" as it
is possible to get -- but recent conversions on another
topic/list have led me to doubt whether the current IESG
understands what people with a long-term interest in history
mean when they say "archival".

Perhaps, if you still have good connections with such people,
you could inquire of them and maybe promote another missive or
presentation to the IETF about the latter's obligations in that
area.

best,