Re: [ietf-smtp] [Uta] New Version Notification for draft-levine-additional-registered-clauses-00

2019-01-25 21:03:06
I think the better approach here is to say that SNI logging adds to the
information about the message's origins and history, and the same
considerations as to whether or not to include things like server IPs also
apply to SNI information.

Seems reasonable. In the usual case that you can tell who the recipient of the message was, does the MX name or SNI or ESNI tell you anything of interest that you didn't already know (other than that the client does SNI?) I'm having trouble thinking of a plausible case.

Regards,