Re: [ietf-smtp] DKIM andsmtp extension model (was: Re: [Proposal] confusing parts of the mail system, was 250-MARKDOWN)

2019-02-01 16:35:28
On Friday 1 February 2019 09:01:11 CET, Ned Freed wrote:
> The situation with headers is different - the
> relaxed case is easy to implement and gets mesages past certain
> transformations that otherwise would break the signature.

I'll second that.

The relaxed header spec us a nicely done compromise that preserves a large
part of the value of the signature and is robust against a large part of
the shit that happens in transmission. Not perfect on either count, but
enough to be a net positive. The people who wrote the spec have good reason
to be proud.

Completely agree, and that's something we don't say often enough.

                                Ned