Re: [ietf-smtp] SMTP Greylisting Retry Hints + PRDR

2019-02-09 04:39:55
On 2019-02-08 19:45:21 +0000, Дилян Палаузов wrote:
What kind of emails have a lot of recipients?  Newsletters and spam.

I disagree.

Newsletters are almost always sent to individual subscribers, because
they contain personalized content (maybe only the envelope-from for
tracking bounces, but most likely URLs with unique Ids for tracking
clicks and maybe a personalized salutation).

Spam is (or was, last time I looked, may have changed again) also mostly
sent to one victim per message. I assume also mostly for tracxking
purposes.

What is still sent to many recipients are messages which are manually
adressed to many people - either because somebody manually enters the
recipients or - more likely - selects a group ("all employees",
"classmates", "people I share jokes with") from their address book.

        hp