Re: [ietf-smtp] SMTP Greylisting Retry Hints + PRDR

2019-02-08 17:15:38
On 08 Feb 2019 17:46:44 -0500, "John Levine" said:

Most newsletters are now customized per recipient and everyone gets a
separate copy.

I'm specifically not talking about customized newsletters.

I'm talking "active shooter on the loose" notifications, where you need
to get thousands of identical messages out the door as fast as possible.

Basically, I'm pushing back on the notion that mass mailings are either
newsletters or spam.  There's other use cases...

(Yes, I know the mantra that email isn't instant messaging.  But when
all the cell phone towers just crashed under load, you end up hoping it's
close enough to make a difference....)