Re: [ietf-smtp] It's Dead, Jim

2019-02-11 22:10:36
In article
<4870(_dot_)1549925672(_at_)turing-police(_dot_)cc(_dot_)vt(_dot_)edu>,
 <valdis(_dot_)kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu> wrote:
At this point in SMTP's history we should be deprecating features that
are not being used at scale, rather than inventing new ones

How big a food fight would I start by asknig what are the top 3 things to heave
over the side? :)

Good question.

NO-SOLICITING (only invented to make a political point)
CONPERM and CONNEG (never seen them used)
ATRN (a hack to try and run an SMTP server on a dynamic address)

CHECKPOINT was an experiment 24 years ago which we can now declare complete.