Re: [ietf-smtp] Proper definition of the term "email payload".

2019-03-31 13:32:42
Ok, thanks for the clarification.

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019, 12:00 AM Keith Moore
<moore(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com>
wrote:

On 3/31/19 2:25 PM, Viruthagiri Thirumavalavan wrote:

Thanks Mr. Moore for the input.

The well known Python software already using that term. I don't want
others like me to follow the wrong terminology.

If I'm wrong that's fine. But If I'm right, we should find a way to
define the term properly. e.g. Editing that wikipedia article.

Thanks

Somebody can edit the Wikipedia article if they want.   But we in IETF
don't have the power to make everyone use terms consistently.  It's hard
enough to get people to read our protocol specifications and implement
them correctly.

Ketih

p.s. I still remember being part of a crowd insisting that the term
"hacker" referred only to a particular style of working and implied no
malice at all.  But the media insisted on using the term "hacker" to
mean "someone who tries to break into someone else's computers" and they
effectively changed the meaning of the term.