Re: [ietf-smtp] Characteristics of Isolated (or mostly-isolated) industrial IP Networks

2020-01-04 20:18:53
In article
<92D1347D-9993-41F8-902B-0C9EDC79AD7D(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com> you
write:
-=-=-=-=-=-
This is an attempt to summarize my observations about (mostly-)isolated
networks, and also about some dubious assumptions
that I've seen some equipment developers make about security requirements on
such networks.

Thanks, this is very helpful.

It looks like, insofar as we're thinking about mail, a reasonable
design is to put a reasonably capable submission server on a network
(e.g., Raspberry Pi running linux) and point the IPs of the IoT mail
senders at it.  We could give some more thought about what the
submission server could reasonably do to avoid relaying hostile
messages.

R's,
John