[ietf-smtp] [FEEDBACK REQUEST] "Birds of a Feather (BOF)" on Email Security

2020-02-04 12:22:07
It was suggested I cross post to these list(s), with only a few days left before the deadline for requesting a "Birds of a Feather" session, I am proposing that a meeting be held in Vancouver for a BOF suggestion surrounding all those that are interested in solving problems around email security.

Specifically, to determine how wide or narrow the scope of such a session should be.. we can discuss how IETF can weigh in some of our largest threats (such as POP and SMTP authentication over unencrypted networks is still enshrined in RFC's) various proposals for multi-factor authentication, improvements to the protocols to support other methods, such as our own CLIENTID as trust factors, access control tools, or two factor authentication, and any other topics that span across all email protocols.

Email security is one of the largest threats today, and it is an opportunity to weigh in what role the IETF can play in improving the situation.

The thread is posted on the 'art(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org' mailing list, and would like to see your feedback on what other cross protocol issues might be included, and or discussed as part of this BOF.

And of course, please feel free to chime in if you feel that this BOF should be more narrowly focused, or wider focused.

        -- Michael --

PS, Look forward to seeing everyone in Vancouver.

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."
"MagicSpam" is a Registered TradeMark of Wizard Tower TechnoServices Ltd.

"Catch the Magic of Linux..."