Re: [ietf-smtp] To trace field or not to trace field

2021-02-15 12:15:22

On 2/15/2021 10:02 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:
Here is the revised text:

I've also revised the introductory text to the section showing an example:

   <section title="Multi-hop Example">

   <t>The Delivered-To: header field can indicate a sequence of
deliveries, as demonstrated by this example, which has a message
traveling through a mailing list, on through an alias, and then reaching
final delivery...

I should note meta-point about specification writing...

The original draft had a single example header. Barry suggested making it show a sequence. I've been impressed with the difference.

So my new meta-rule is that defining something that has relevance to a sequence should include an example that demonstrates the sequence.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking