Re: [ietf-smtp] Public Key Look Up

2021-05-12 11:25:24
On Tue, 11 May 2021, John C Klensin wrote:
I'm not clear why a domain's MX would be the wrong place. ..,

Well, if the keys were signed by entities I trusted, I wouldn't
be worried about what "authoritative source" means.  And if they
weren't, not only would I not like that, but it would probably
turn the whole idea into theater rather than security.

Indeed. But if the keys include signatures, it doesn't matter where they come from, so we're back to asking why nobody seems to use the key servers that already exist.

Regards,