Re: [ietf-smtp] Public Key Look Up

2021-05-14 15:14:57
It appears that Gene Hightower  <gene(_at_)digilicious(_dot_)com> said:
-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-

Another approach is pretty Easy privacy (p≡p)
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Easy_privacy>

It needs to be integrated with the MUA ("email client") but it's TOFU
and dead simple in operation.

S/MIME is built into every desktop MUA and most mobile MUAs.  Once you get
the key installed, it's also TOFU and fairly automatic.

Given that PEP has been around for five years and this is the first I've heard
of it, I don't think that yet another crypto system is going to solve anything.

R's,
John