Re: [ietf-smtp] Public Key Look Up

2021-05-13 02:07:36
On Wed 12/May/2021 20:13:19 +0200 John C Klensin wrote:

But, Ale, it seems to me that almost everyone but you is saying things that
ultimately lead to the same place: either that it would not be a good idea
to try to build this into SMTP or that, we we did, it either wouldn't work
or there would not be enough uptake and deployment to make it useful.

No, I wouldn't support building public key retrieval into SMTP. I just hold that, since public keys are linked to email addresses which in turn are linked to Internet domains, domain servers are the right place to store public keys.

Best
Ale