Re: Soundbite: Proposed Suffix for XML-based media types

1999-07-20 10:25:26
At 00:49 1999 07 21 +0900, Murata Makoto wrote:
There is certainly some value, since specialized media types can enjoy
XML-generic support.  IE 5.0 does "generic processing of XML" by displaying
the element hierarchy.  If we interpret fragment identifiers of XML-based
media types as XPointer, that will be another example of "generic processing
of XML". (Does the same thing apply to XML fragment interchange?  > PaulG)

I believe so in the sense that XML Fragment interchange can be used with
any XML resource with no knowledge about the resource beyond generic XML
information.