Re: MIME types and content negotiation

2000-03-17 12:17:47
At 02:06 PM 3/17/00 -0500, Keith Moore wrote:
What do other folks think about being able to say "all the stuff with -xml"

yeech.  this makes me think that putting the xml-ish attribute in
a separate parameter is the way to go.

Could you provide a more detailed explanation of 'yecch'?

I'm getting a strong feeling that resistance on this issue isn't the suffix
itself, it's resistance to any change at all in the MIME approach as
defined in 1996.

I don't see the 'complexity' that certain other folks here are complaining
about - in fact, I think these 4 bytes promise considerable simplification
over any multi-parameter approach, for both humans and machines.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth
http://www.simonstl.com