Re: Finishing the XML-tagging discussion

2000-03-20 12:57:58
At 02:50 PM 3/20/00 -0500, Keith Moore wrote:
or to put it another way, if we're going to invent a new syntatical
convention for describing content-type characteristics, let's
pick one that actually works with content negotiation
rather than one which requires drastic changes to content
negotiation frameworks.

I have yet to hear what those 'drastic changes' involve.  More details
would be greatly appreciated.

and yet you just admitted that it would cause a problem if user agents
started requesting */*xml.

Yes, and I also said quite explicitly that user agents requesting */*xml is
not a feature of the proposal.  I don't believe it's useful to defend use
cases that we are not proposing.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth