Re: Finishing the XML-tagging discussion

2000-03-20 16:19:17
Yes, and I also said quite explicitly that user agents requesting */*xml is
not a feature of the proposal.  I don't believe it's useful to defend use
cases that we are not proposing.

the thing you are proposing creates a very obvious and plausible risk.

I disagree; I think there is no risk here at all. This is in sharp contrast to
your MIME parameter proposal, where damage isn't just obvious, it is
guaranteed.

you aren't addressing that risk.  to me that seems shortsighted.

Whereas I believe your proposal leapfrogs shortsighted into the realm
of lunacy.

                                Ned