Re: Finishing the XML-tagging discussion

2000-03-20 20:55:35
At 10:28 PM 3/20/00 -0500, Keith Moore wrote:
Again, please describe the impact.

I have done so.  Repeatedly.

Perhaps I am merely illiterate, but I haven't seen a single instance
proposed where the existence of the suffix, in the contexts proposed by the
I-D, actually breaks _anything_.

If they're in the archives and I'm just incapable of finding it, I'd
appreciate a reference.  Pointing to them offlist is perfectly fine,
perhaps even preferable at this point.

In the meantime, I don't think you've proven your case of 'pollution'.  You
may well have proved that -xml doesn't solve all problems all the time (it
isn't intended to), but I don't think you've demonstrated that it causes
harm.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth