Re: Finishing the XML-tagging discussion

2000-03-21 01:20:47
On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 10:48:40 PST, ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)innosoft(_dot_)com said:
I note in passing that we've already registered some XML-based types
with an "XML" suffix, and no problems have been reported with this
usage.

Has there been any registration of a 'foobar-xml' that duplicates
an existing 'foobar', but with an XML wrapping?  If so, have any
user agents been known to have been modified to use the -xml as the
sort of trigger we have been discussing?

                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst
                                Virginia Tech