RE: Media types

2002-01-17 17:17:38

On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 18:32, Graham Klyne wrote:
Well, we now have ways to express other (non-primary) content types.

E.g., per RFC 2912, RFC 2913, ...

     (& (Type="text/plain") (Type="image/jpeg") (Type="audio/wav") )

Can we simply say (for an XHTML document also containing SVG, MathML,
SMIL, and XLink):

(xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";)
(xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";)
(xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";)
(xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/SMIL20/";)
(xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";)
)

You can if xmlns is already defined. AFAIK it isn't, but defining it should
be easy.

If so, then we may already be out of the brush, though my reading of RFC
2913 suggests that we would need to add xmlns to RFC 3023's existing
structure.

Adding an additional attribute does not constitute a structural change.

                                        Ned