Re: Media types

2002-01-17 18:12:23

On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 20:00, Mark Baker wrote:
Therefore, it is not useful to send something as application/xml unless
the sender specifically wishes it to be processed as generic XML.

Fair enough.  So what if we define "generic XML" to include dispatch
to processors keyed on namespace declarations?  Wouldn't that make
it more semantically significant?

I think I'm going to write up an initial draft using Content-features
for an xmlns feature, so we should have some "semantic significance" in
a MIME-specific context to discuss shortly.

Hopefully I'll have it written by end of day tomorrow - this doesn't
look especially tough, at least for an initial draft.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!