Re: Request for comments for Media Type registration ofapplication/ccxml+xml

2004-07-27 23:04:21

At 14:37 04/07/27 -0700, RJ Auburn wrote:
Chris:

Comments and replies are inline. Let me know if there are any other issues:

On 07/22/2004 11:05, "Chris Lilley" <chris(_at_)w3(_dot_)org> wrote:
> I agree that this sort of context, although obvious when the W3C
> document as a whole is studies, is fairly opaque when a single appendix
> is extracted and sent as an email message.
>
> Prepending the 'Abstract' of the specification, and giving a link to the
> full specification, would be helpful.

Sorry. I should have done this.
Martin: any chance we could update the w3c page with some examples of what
should be sent to this list? I think it might be helpful to have some
pointers to good example requests.

Yes. For that, we first have to have good examples. I'm looking forward
to use your next mail to this list as such an example.

>>> Published specification:
>>>
>>> This media type registration is for CCXML documents as
>>> described by this specification.
>
> 'This specification' should be a link to the main page of the document,
> even if that is a link to itself for a short document, and inline URIs
> should be indicated in the ascii text version by a numbered link [1]
>
> [1] http://example.org/like/this

This section now reads:

Published specification:

    This media type registration is for XML bodies that
    conform to the DTD/Schema referenced in Appendix B and C and
    interpreted by the rules of the CCXML specification [1].

      [1] http://www.w3.org/tr/ccxml/

I personally think that this kind of '[1]' citation is a bit
of overkill. If you get that from a text conversion on the W3C
Web site, feel free to use it. But I think something like

    This media type registration is for XML bodies that
    conform to the DTD/Schema referenced in Appendix B and C and
    interpreted by the rules of the CCXML specification at
    http://www.w3.org/tr/ccxml/.

is more readable, and more popular in plain text formats such
as email.

Ok, this is what it will look like now:

Magic number(s):

There is no single initial octet sequence that is always present in CCXML
documents. This media type is expected to be handled by an XML processor, as
indicated by "+xml". XML processors may detect CCXML by its namespace URI,
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/ccxml

Is this ok with folks?

Okay with me.

Regards,    Martin.